From Tibits Restaurant in London, England – Apple & Ginger Salad
From the legendary Vegetarian Tibits Restaurant in London, England a delightful fresh salad combination, that is good year round. Give it a try. It is easy, innovative and incredibly delicious!
Apple & Ginger Salad with Tofu
Serves: 4 as main salad dish
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
1 lb Apples, tart are best
1 Lemon, juiced
5 Tbs Dried Figs, chopped
1/2 lb Tofu, cubed
5 Tbs Safflower Oil (optional)
1 Tbs Ginger, freshly grated
3 Lemons, juiced
1 1/2 Tbs Raw Cane Sugar
1/8 Cup Chili Sauce
Pinch Sea Salt
1 Bunch Peppermint, fresh finely chopped
1. Wash apples, cut into eighths, remove core and cut into cubes, add the lemon juice to prevent browning
2. Remove the stem of the figs, cut into cubes and add to the apples
3. Cut the tofu into cubes, fry briefly using the oil and allow to cool down (note that you can simmer in water if you wish)
4. Wash and juice lemons, mix with the ginger, sugar and chili sauce, season with sea salt. Add the apples, figs and tofu and mix well.
5. Store in the fridge, mix again before serving and sprinkle with the chopped peppermint
Wash lemons with warm water and roll on a flat surface using the heel of your hand to be able to extract more juice. Jonagold apples taste slightly sour, sweet and aromatic. Other varieties work as well, depending on your taste, we like tart best for this recipe.